Peter Driben (1903-1968)He produced a prolific number of covers for magazies such as Beauty Parade, Eyeful, Titter, Wink, Whisper and Flirt.Driben was born in Boston and studied at Vaesper George Art School before moving to study at the Sorbonne in Paris in 1925. His first known pin-up was the cover to Tattle Tales in October 1934, and by 1935 he was producing covers for Snappy, Pep, New York Nights, French Night Life and Caprice. His career went from strength to strength in the late thirties with covers for Silk Stocking Stories, Gay Book, Movie Merry-Go-Round and Real Screen Fun.
Sad Man’s Tongue Bar & Bistro – Prague
- 10,853,044 hits
Hours & InfoOpen: Monday Through Sunday 11:00am until 5:00am
Lazy Eye Vintage Fashions Prague
Atomic Radio ** Atomic Radio
“Cooking WIth A Pin Up”
Radio Billy FM
Rockabilly World Wide
Top Posts & Pages
- The Attila: First In The New Burger Choker Series
- This Little Bee Is The Only One We’re Interested In
- Learn The Art of Retro Make Up with Janet Fischietto In Prague
- Gil Elvgren’s Redheads – Via Retrorambling
- Tacco Photography Is Kustom Kulture
- Thomas’s Barber Shop: Old School Never Felt So Good
- The Legendary Pernštejn Pardubicky Porter: Unique to the Czech Republic At Sad man’s Tongue Bar & Bistro Prague
- The Pin Up Photography of Bostjan Tacol Is Coming To Sad Man’s Tongue Bar & Grill – Prague
- Frankenstein & Bride Come To Sad Man’s Tongue Bar & Bistro – Prague
- Beautiful Freaks Or Beautiful Ink
Fair Use Notice
This web site may contain copyrighted material who's use has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. These pages are operated under the assumption that this not-for-profit use on the web constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material as provided for in Section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
If you wish to use the copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Please contact us at sad_mans_tongue.com if you would like something removed.